Mother, 27, furious at her 7-HOUR A&E wait for her son's horrific head wound pens a sarcastic thank you letter - writing from 2-year-old Jack's point-of-view

Mail Online | 1/24/2017 | Stephen Matthews For Mailonline
moemajor (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/01/24/10/3C74652D00000578-0-image-a-20_1485252631726.jpg

A mother appalled at her son having to wait seven hours for surgery to treat a three-inch gash in his head has penned a furious letter.

Alisha Naylor, 27, took her son Jack to the Royal Manchester Children's Hospital (RMCH) on Friday night after the two-year-old had a fall.

Staff - Number - Visitors - String - Errors

But she claims hospital staff were unable to cope with the number of visitors and made a string of errors in caring for her son, including losing his prescription.

Buckets of sick were abandoned and children were sprawled across the waiting room, she says.

Jack - Hours - Advice - Nurses - Bed

And when Jack - who hadn't eaten for 24 hours on the advice of nurses - was finally given a bed, doctors were told it needed cleaning was unable to be used.

In an attempt to draw attention to the ongoing NHS crisis, she has written a sarcastic 'thank you' note - from Jack's point-of-view.

Part - Letter - Thank - NHS - Home

Part of the letter read: 'I would just like to say thank you to the NHS for letting me go home that night with an 8cm laceration across my head covered by only steri-strips and a bandage.

'It was great fun trying to pull it off in the night and also for being able to play chase with my mum and dad for seven hours the next day in your big A&E department whilst you found my bed upstairs.

'I - Though - Anything

'I was so hungry and thirsty though, my mum kept saying I wasn’t allowed anything I didn’t know why.

'I really didn’t like all the needles you had to force into my hands and all the bandages I had around me, I just wanted to pull them off.'

Ms - Naylor - Eccles - 'I - Tears

Ms Naylor, from Eccles, said: 'I broke down and burst into tears because my poor little boy had been messed about all day. There was no proper care or compassion.

'I wrote the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
50 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!

Comments

• Dear furious Mother of Jack - Next time your son is injured (or is ill), phone NHS 111.  They have advisers who assess a patient's condition and advise on appropriate treatment.  You would have been advised not to attend A&E where you only added to the chaos in an area already overflowing with patients in need of urgent treatment and buckets of sick. (your description, not mine)  NHS 111 advisers would have assessed the child's general health following a head injury then told you to take him to a Minor Injuries Unit which has resources to cope with bleeding wounds but where severely ill patients with life-threatening conditions do not arrive and take priority over patients sent there specifically for minor surgery.  Don't blame the NHS, blame thoughtless users of the excellent service, on offer free of charge, to all.  Furious mother of Jack, I hope you heed this advice before making further complaints. Kind regards, Fan of our wonderful NHS.
    Aavy
  • @Cymraes you are absolutely right, sometimes it seems people just don't think.
    What's more plentiful, hydrogen or stupidity?