Family and friends of crypto-currency billionaire Matthew Mellon, 54, including his ex-wife Tamara Mellon and socialite Lady Victoria Hervey gather for his funeral in Florida as it emerges he was spending $7million a MONTH before his death

Mail Online | 4/28/2018 | Marlene Lenthang For Dailymail.com
just-me (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/04/28/22/4BA8B4CB00000578-0-image-a-48_1524951841417.jpg

Click For Video: http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/04/23/1370874610139577765/1024x576_MP4_1370874610139577765.mp4

Friends and family gathered to remember the life of crypto-currency billionaire Matthew Melon at an intimate funeral service in Florida on Saturday.

The banking heir was found dead in his Mexico hotel room on April 16, the same day he was due to check in to a rehabilitation clinic.

Billionaire - Fashion - Fortune - Crypto-currency - XRP

The 54-year-old billionaire who dabbled in fashion and made a fortune off a crypto-currency called XRP coin struggled with drug addiction throughout his adult life.

Loved ones gathered at Saint Joseph's Episcopal Church in Boynton Beach to remember the father-of-three.

Guests - Jimmy - Choo - Co-founder - Tamara

Among the guests were his ex-wives Jimmy Choo co-founder Tamara Mellon and fashion designer Nicole Hanley.

Socalites Dori Cooperman, Lady Victoria Hervey, Dabney Mercer, fashion designer Alvin Valley, celebrity DJ Marjorie Gubelman, John Flanagan, and video director Carter Peabody were also in attendance.

Service - Card - Guests - Mellon - Life

The funeral service card invited guests to remember Mellon with the moving quote: 'A life so beautifully lived deserves to be beautifully remembered'.

After the service guests headed down to the Gulfstream Bath and Tennis Club for refreshments.

Mellon - Hotel - Room - Cancun - Sky

Mellon was found dead in his hotel room in Cancun, where he had traveled to check into Clear Sky Recovery rehabilitation clinic.

'He was supposed to check in Monday morning but we received word around 9am that he has passed away,' Dr. Alberto Solà, the medical director of Clear Sky Recovery, said to the New York Times.

Days - Parents - Home - Delray - Beach

Just days earlier, he had stopped by his parents home in Delray Beach, Florida.

'We had dinner with him on Saturday night, a joyful dinner and a very memorable dinner, more than we realized at the time,' his stepfather J. Reeve Bright said.

Mother - Dad - Hours

'He hugged and kissed his mother and he hugged and kissed me. He said, "I love you, Dad," and I said that I loved him. And 48 hours later he was dead,' he added.

Mellon had been sober for about...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!