CinemaCon: Entertainment Studios chief will 'fight' to defend theatrical window

Screen | 4/25/2018 | Jeremy Kay
Click For Photo: https://d1nslcd7m2225b.cloudfront.net/Pictures/2000x2000fit/4/2/3/1281423_1258462_cinemacon.jpg

Entertainment Studios founder Byron Allen told CinemaCon attendees on Wednesday (April 25) that he would fight to defend the theatrical window.

Speaking during his company’s inaugural slate presentation Allen, a businessman, TV producer, comedian and aspiring film mogul, used the platform at Caesars Palace to urge exhibitors to resist assaults on their traditional place at the table brought about by technological change.

Allen - People - Power - Relationships - Kings

“You are vey powerful,” Allen said. “And there are people trying to take that power from you and don’t you dare let them. They want your relationships. They’re jealous of you. Remember who you are. You are the kings and queens.”

Referring specifically to the exclusive theatrical window he added, “I don’t like the conversations from the studios who want to reduce your window to less than 90 days that’s unacceptable. I am here to fight for it and defend it. If anything, let’s back 120 days. Let’s go in the other direction.”

Part - Revenues - Nothing - Part - Everything

He continued, “Maybe you should be part of all the revenues streams… There’s nothing wrong with you being a part of everything, from not only box office but DVD, SVOD and TV. I would invest in...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Screen
Wake Up To Breaking News!