Peaky Blinders series 5: Brand new details emerge amid reports the forthcoming season of gangster drama will be the last

Mail Online | 4/25/2018 | MailOnline Reporter
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/04/25/16/05AD3301000003E8-0-image-a-149_1524669847230.jpg

New details about the upcoming series of gangster drama Peaky Blinders have been released.

Director Anthony Bryne has just inked a deal to helm the fifth series of the popular Cillian Murphy-fronted programme, widely rumoured to be its last.

Darkness - Filmmaker - Role - Season - David

The In Darkness filmmaker takes over the role from season 4's David Caffrey as the story of the Shelby clan comes to a conclusion, Deadline reports.

The fifth season will air on BBC Two in 2019 and is set to be released on Netflix.

Peaky - Blinders - Tom - Hardy - Adrian

Peaky Blinders - which also starred Tom Hardy and Adrian Brody - has been directed by a different director each series - including Otto Bathurst, Tom Harper, Colm McCarthy.

Much to the disappointment of fans, show-runner Stephen Knight has hinted series five may be the last.

Digital - Spy - 'Each - Time - Episodes

He told Digital Spy: 'Each time, we do six episodes [per series]… and can you sum up the story in six episodes? Or do you need another six? That’s the question.

'If it doesn’t need a season six, I don’t think there’ll be one. But it may need one, because [six episodes...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Been there, done that, twice...