Lindsey Graham and Henry McMaster promise to back Trump in 2020 bid

Post and Courier | 4/19/2018 | Staff
idkwatitis (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/postandcourier.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/2/2e/22eba2b2-43ec-11e8-a6cc-3f32f1e1c5dc/59c97716ec3dd.image.jpg?resize=945%2C630

Out of the blocks early, U.S. Sen. Lindsey Graham on Thursday vowed to support President Donald Trump's 2020 re-election bid.

The show of solidarity from the South Carolina Republican comes as many other members of the GOP are waiting to weigh in on their party leader.

Graham - Heads - President - Past - GOP

Graham, who has butted heads with the president in the past and also faced him as a 2016 GOP presidential primary challenger, fired off two tweets stating his support for the sitting president.

In the post, Graham tagged Trump, an active social media user, when he tweeted: "As to the 2020 presidential race, I believe President @realDonaldTrump will run for reelection and I intend to support him."

Tweet - Times - Differences - Mind

He added in a second tweet, "I expect we will – at times – continue to have differences. I will continue to speak my mind, just like I know he will. I think that makes us both better."

Graham's support came after various House and Senate Republicans told CNN they were not ready to endorse Trump for a second term.

Dozen - GOP - Lawmakers - South - Carolina

Among the more than two dozen GOP lawmakers polled was South Carolina congressman Mark Sanford, R-Mount Pleasant, who declined to weigh...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Post and Courier
Wake Up To Breaking News!