Lindsey Lohan tried to stop billionaire Matthew Mellon from seeking banned treatment at Mexican rehab facility where he died

Mail Online | 4/20/2018 | Sean O\
aniki (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/04/21/06/4B61ADDE00000578-0-image-a-13_1524286833284.jpg

Click For Video: http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2016/03/15/3275155079748040091/1024x576_3275155079748040091.mp4

Actress Lindsey Lohan tried desperately to stop her billionaire friend Matthew Mellon from seeking an illegal drug rehab treatment in Mexico, it has been revealed.

Lindsey Lohan begged her father Michael Lohan, a counselor and recovering addict, to talk Mellon out of seeking the psychadelic treatment ibogaine, which is banned in the US, at a Cancun clinic, a source told PageSix.

Mellon - April - Motel - Hours - Clear

Mellon, 53, died on April 16 in a motel just hours before checking into the Clear Sky Recovery drug rehab center, after a relapse into opioid addiction.

'It’s illegal in the US for a reason,' Michael Lohan told the outlet of ibogaine, a psychoactive root native to Africa.

Week - Matt - Treatment - Point - Mexico

'For a week before Matt considered treatment, I was in touch with him to the point where just before he took off for Mexico, I told him not to do ibogaine,' he said.

Mellon said in 2016 that he had a $100,000-a-month OxyContin habit, and praised ibogaine.

Treatment - Industry - Point - People - Matt

'I’m really pissed off that the treatment industry is failing to the point where people like Matt leave the country to try dangerous protocols like ibogaine,' Michael Lohan told PageSix. 'I truly feel the story of Matt’s passing can be a message that will save numerous lives.'

Earlier this week, Dr Alberto Solas from Clear Sky Recovery wrote: 'Matthew Mellon was scheduled to check-in on April 16th. We learned that he had died at his hotel on the 16th, prior to his check-in.'

Death - Months - Kick - Kennedy - Model

Prior to his death he was said to be three months sober and dating Kick Kennedy, 30, a model and daughter of Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

Her agent Christine Schott, who spoke to Kick after the news of Mellon’s death, said: 'He was sober and they were enjoying life. Then all of a sudden he apparently fell off the wagon'.

Source - Mellon - DailyMail - Com

A source close to Mellon told DailyMail.com that...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Measuring his life out one teaspoon at a time.