EXCLUSIVE: Banking heir playboy Matthew Mellon 'died from a heart attack in Mexico rehab after taking hallucinogenic drug Ayahuasca' - amid fears his crypto fortune has now DISAPPEARED

Mail Online | 4/17/2018 | Sean O\
monna (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/04/18/00/4B43714900000578-0-image-a-8_1524008288942.jpg

Click For Video: http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2016/03/15/3275155079748040091/1024x576_3275155079748040091.mp4

Matthew Mellon, the ex-husband of Jimmy Choo guru Tamara Mellon, died of a heart attack after being given the hallucinogenic drug Ayahuasca in a Mexican rehab facility, a family friend has said.

Mellon, who had been battling an OxyContin addiction and once spent $100,000 a month on the drug, was 88 days sober when he took his private jet to the Cancun center for 'maintenance'.

Friend - Family - DailyMail - Com - Family

A friend of the family, speaking exclusively to DailyMail.com, said: 'His family are in shock. He was 88 days sober and doing really well. The clinic insisted on his return for 'maintenance' and he took his private jet there a few days ago. He had a heart attack after taking Ayahuasca there'.

Ayahuasca is a psychoactive tea or infusion that has been used in traditional medicine and shaman practices for centuries in the Amazon region of South America. The tea is prepared from a number of different plant species, some which include the psychedelic chemical, dimethyltryptamine, or DMT.

Ayahuasca - Healing - Properties - Inner - Mind

Ayahuasca is used for its healing properties and to explore their inner mind, fears, hopes and dreams with spiritual guidance.

In 2016 Mellon extolled a previous stint he did in rehab in Cancun.

Photo - Instagram - Dock - Cancun - Mellon

In a photo on instagram of himself on a dock in Cancun, Mellon wrote, 'A Spiritual crossing in Cancun with #ibogaine Let me know if you ever hit a wall in life and you need help I will send you here for free on me!'

Ibogaine is a psychedelic drug which is not approved for any medical uses in the United States but which some people say helps with drug addiction.

Multiple - Rehab - Facilities - Mexico - Treatment

Multiple rehab facilities in Mexico advertise the treatment to addicts.

According to a 2010 biography of Mellon's former lover, the late Isabella Blow, Mellon once raised $10million for research into Ibogaine.

Rehab - Center

It is unknown if the rehab center where he...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!