Event: Upcoming Concerts in Denver (April 21-22 and 29) to Feature Premiere of New Polyphonic Mass

rorate-caeli.blogspot.com | 4/21/2018 | Staff
ridge-khridge-kh (Posted by) Level 4
The Vittoria Ensemble, under the direction of Rick Wheeler, is proud to announce the upcoming premiere, at three concerts in the Denver, Colorado area, of a new polyphonic Mass: the Missa Honorificentia Populi Nostri, composed in 2017 by Rorate contributor Dr Peter Kwasniewski.

Kwasniewski was commissioned by a patron in Innsbruck, Austria, to write a missa plenaria, that is, not only the five movements of the Ordinary (Kyrie, Gloria, Credo, Sanctus-Benedictus, and Agnus), but also the five propers of the Mass (Introit, Gradual, Alleluia, Offertory, and Communion) specific to the city of Innsbruck, honoring the translation of the miraculous image of Our Lady into the cathedral. A complete performance of the ten movements of this work lasts approximately 30 minutes.

Preface - Score - Composer

In the preface to the score, the composer writes:

It brought me great joy to fulfill this commission because of my own personal connection with Austria, where I lived and worked for almost eight years. Pilgrimages to the great shrine of Mariazell and to the miraculous medieval statue of the Mother of God, “Magna Mater Austriae,” are among my most cherished memories of that beautiful country. I regard this Missa Plenaria as a musical testimony of my gratitude to Our...
(Excerpt) Read more at: rorate-caeli.blogspot.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Millions in tribute, but not a penny left for charity.