Seahawks offer Kaepernick tryout, but cancel it when he refuses to promise he’ll stand for ant

canadafreepress.com | 4/13/2018 | Dan Calabrese
ditranian (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://canadafreepress.com/images/uploads/calabrese041318.jpg

I wonder if the Seahawks ever really wanted him in the first place. I sure as heck wouldn’t want him on the Vikings, given that he would be a nonstop magnet for unwanted attention that would be highly disproportionate to his value on the football field.

But they offered a tryout, and a reasonable person might consider it unsurprising that they’d want to know the anthem-kneeling nonsense wouldn’t start all over again if they signed him. The NFL is trying to move past this and isn’t going to jump at the chance to sign people who are more concerned with being social justice warriors than they are at being football players.

Dice - Kaepernick - Anthem - Kaepernick - Benefit

No dice. Kaepernick wouldn’t say he’ll stand for the anthem. I guess that’s better than lying to them about it, but don’t think Kaepernick doesn’t get some benefit from this whole affair. His hero-worshipers at USA Today are hailing him as The Most Principled Man Alive:

No matter how systematically and powerfully the NFL has tried to tell its players to stick to sports, scared witless of jeopardizing its ability to profit off a fantasy, Colin Kaepernick and what he created by protesting the national anthem is bigger than any backup quarterback job when it comes with strings attached.

Segment - Public - Thursday - Turn - Events

So while there’s certainly going to be a segment of the public that uses Thursday’s reported turn of events with Kaepernick and the Seahawks to wave their I-told-you-sos at the so-called Social Justice Warriors they despise so much, perhaps the real story here is that Kaepernick remains a man of exceptional principle.

Faced with a rare opportunity to potentially return to the league, according to ESPN, Kaepernick refused to assure Seattle brass that he would stand for the national anthem this season, causing the team to postpone a scheduled workout.

Kaepernick

Surely by now, Kaepernick knows what...
(Excerpt) Read more at: canadafreepress.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!