Britney Spears and Will.i.am lose legal battle against Tulisa as former X Factor judge proves she co-wrote their hit track Scream & Shout

Mail Online | 4/4/2018 | Ryan Smith for MailOnline
srqlolo (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/04/04/09/4ACF475B00000578-0-image-a-40_1522830645248.jpg

Click For Video: http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/03/21/4666266068145752851/1024x576_MP4_4666266068145752851.mp4

Tulisa has won a legal battle against Britney Spears and Will.i.am after suing them for being left out of writing credits on their hit track Scream & Shout.

The former X Factor judge, 29, had maintained that she co-wrote the chart-topping song - which was released in November 2012 and went on to become Britney's first UK number one in eight years - and had planned to feature it on her debut album.

Battle - Credits - N-Dubz - Star - Payday

Her victorious five-year legal battle over songwriting credits is set to land the erstwhile N-Dubz star a massive payday, as she has been awarded 10 per cent of the worldwide publishing rights and income from the song.

Tulisa helped penned the song under the title I Don't Give A F**k for her album The Female Boss, and was not only eventually shut out of recording the track but learned that Scream & Shout had been credited to Will.i.am, Jef Martens and Jean Baptiste.

Source - MailOnline - 'Tulisa - Song - Britney

A source told MailOnline: 'Tulisa was annoyed when the song was taken from her and given to Britney - especially as she co-wrote it.

'It was set to be one of the big songs on her debut album. She didn’t let it lie, and took it all the way to the courts and has now won. She just wanted to be recognised as the writer of one of the biggest pop tracks of the last decade.'

Black - Eyed - Peas - Star - Will

Black Eyed Peas star Will.i.am, 43, had admitted at the time of the fallout over the track: 'Tulisa wrote to that song before I did – this is the truth. But the producers of the beat… didn't want her to have it.'

Tulisa insisted that Will.i.am and Britney’s version still included parts she had written including the line: 'When you hear this in the club, you'd better turn this s**t up.'

She also asserted...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!