McMaster Out, Bolton In as National Security Adviser

CNS News | 3/22/2018 | Staff
shuadah (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.cnsnews.com/mcmaster_departure_crop.png

(CNSNews.com) - The White House announced Thursday that National Security Adviser Gen. H.R. McMaster plans to resign from the Trump administration and will be replaced by former U.S. Ambassador John Bolton.

McMaster will serve until mid-April, after which Bolton will take over.

Years - Service - Nation - Retirement - US

“After thirty-four years of service to our nation, I am requesting retirement from the U.S. Army effective this summer after which I will leave public service. Throughout my career it has been my greatest privilege to serve alongside extraordinary servicemembers and dedicated civilians,” McMaster said in a statement.

“I am thankful to President Donald J. Trump for the opportunity to serve him and our nation as national security advisor. I am grateful for the friendship and support of the members of the National Security Council who worked together to provide the President with the best options to protect and advance our national interests,” he said.

McMaster - Men - Women - National - Security

McMaster said he was “especially proud to have served alongside the men and women of the National Security Council Staff who established a strong foundation for protecting the American people, promoting American prosperity, achieving peace through strength, and advancing American influence.”

“H.R. McMaster has served his country with distinction...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNS News
Wake Up To Breaking News!