The Goodness of God

Pastors.com | 6/11/2010 | Website
echolea (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://pastors.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/1a7235d2-2d54-11e8-a107-008cfa044124.jpeg

I am a grateful believer in Jesus Christ who struggles with co-dependency and with love and relationship addiction. My name is Kareena.

My childhood was filled with rejection, abandonment, and abuse. My biological mom left my sister and me with our dad when I was 8 months old. Growing up, I was physically abused by my stepmom and sexually molested by a step-sibling from the age of 6 until I was 12. The molestation stopped when a relative alerted authorities, but no charges were pressed because someone said it was untrue. I was taught not to talk about it, to act like those six years never happened. Putting on a mask, I tried to be “normal.”

Man - Husband - Insults - Drunk - Punching

At 19, I married a seemingly charming man. My husband soon showed that he was a verbally abusive and controlling alcoholic. Degrading insults, getting drunk, and punching holes through walls were common events. After 14 months of marriage, I got the courage to say that I wanted out.

Four years later, I married Joe, whom I’d met online. After two years of infertility, I was diagnosed with polycystic ovary syndrome. Around that same time, we went to church with relatives although we struggled with our spiritual beliefs. We ended up accepting Christ together that very day! Five weeks later, the fertility nurse called and said I was pregnant, and we later determined that conception happened the very same week that we accepted Christ! We joyfully welcomed twin sons in July 1999 — and later a daughter, in November 2007.

Dad - Days - Birthday - Sister - Children

Sadly, my dad passed away just two days before my 35th birthday. Previously, he’d apologized for not having done more to protect my sister and me as children. He loved and believed in Jesus, so our family had comfort knowing we would see him again in Heaven.

After our daughter...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Pastors.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Appeasement - when you're what's for dinner!
Tagged: