Harrowing photos reveal how 18-year-old has been left at 'death's door' as he battles meningitis - just days after he complained about having a sore throat

Mail Online | 3/22/2018 | Stephen Matthews For Mailonline
urbanpatrioturbanpatriot (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/03/22/08/4A6E4B8200000578-0-image-a-31_1521709144743.jpg

A mother-of-six has released harrowing photographs of her teenage son 'at death's door' to highlight the devestating effects of meningitis.

Ben Taylor, 18, was fighting for his life just days after he complained of a sore throat - unaware he had actually contracted bacterial meningitis.

Mr - Taylor - Isle - Wight - Condition

Mr Taylor, from the Isle of Wight, is still in a critical condition after being rushed to St Mary’s Hospital on Saturday evening.

His mother, Rikki, 37, has released images of him in hospital to show other families just how quickly the illness can take hold of a healthy person.

Awareness - Dangers - Meningitis - Son - Fights

She is now desperately trying to raise awareness of the dangers of meningitis while her son fights for his life.

Ms Taylor said: 'Ben deteriorated so quickly - initially he was complaining that he had a sore throat, and then three days later he's fighting for his life with meningitis.

Ambulance - Saturday - Night - Ben - Hours

'I called for an ambulance on Saturday night because Ben was unresponsive, and then hours later he was put into an induced coma.

'I decided to take these photographs to show people that meningitis isn't always just a rash, and doesn't just occur in young children.

Photos - Coma - Wires

'He looked dead in these photos, he was in a coma, he was grey and he was hooked up to so many wires that were just keeping him alive.

'I had to share them because it's the reality behind meningitis.'

Photographs - People - Signs - Symptoms - Illness

She added: 'If these photographs can encourage people to understand the signs and symptoms of the illness it's worth it.'

Bacterial meningitis is much more dangerous - it can kill within four hours - and is triggered by meningococcal, pneumococcal and Group B streptococcal bacteria.

Ten - Ten - Disabilities

One in ten will die and three in ten will be left with significant, life-changing disabilities.

Every year around 3,200 people in Britain get bacterial meningitis - the viral...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Nie wieder, unelected bureaucrat's running our country