Ryan Murphy Talks New Show With Ricky Martin, and Why He Can't Care Too Much What Donatella Thinks

E! Online | 3/21/2018 | Staff
Click For Photo: http://akns-images.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/2018016/rs_600x600-180116083726-600.5-acs-versace.ch.011618.jpg?fit=around%7C450:350&crop=450:350;center,top&output-quality=100

What is known about whether Andrew was physically or sexually abused by his father? The show strongly infers it, but doesn't actually go there.

It's hard because it's hard to substantiate that. We had people discussing his childhood, who claimed in Maureen Orth's book that, look, any boy that's given the master bedroom…you have have to question what those motivations are about. But obviously, we had a point of view, and Maureen Orth had a point of view, and eye witnesses and people who knew Andrew. But everybody was a victim in it. It's such a dark, American story about identity and the quest for fame and all of that stuff, which are issues that I've always been interested in.

Anything - Versace - Family - Weeks - Stance

Have you heard anything from the Versace family in recent weeks? Do you know if their stance on the authenticity of the series has softened at all after seeing it?

I don't know. I don't know if they've watched it. I don't know if they've softened. I think that Donatella is really connected in the world of celebrity, and everyone has remarked that the portrayal of Donatella and Gianni are beautiful. And you know, I think Penelope [Cruz] and Edgar [Ramirez] did an amazing job.

But I also think...
(Excerpt) Read more at: E! Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!