A Progression From Pain To Purpose

Rick Thomas | 3/20/2018 | Rick Thomas
duck.ie (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://rickthomas.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/RMlogoAProgressionFromPainToPurpose.jpg

The progression from pain to purpose begins with God-centered thinking that elevates God over the suffering, which is the opposite of a problem-centered worldview. This perspective is the sufferers greatest challenge.

You may want to read:

Podcasts - ITunes - Google - Play - SoundCloud

Our podcasts are on iTunes, Google Play, SoundCloud, TuneIn, or Stitcher. If you want to comment on this content, go here.

Mable sat in my office with her head hung down. She could not imagine things ever changing. She just heard the worst news of her life–her husband, Biff, was caught in an affair.

Pain - Mable - Life - Email - Pieces

Though she did not ask for it, the pain foisted itself upon her. Mable’s life changed with one email. Picking up the pieces seemed impossible. Taking the next steps were out of the question.

It will be many days before she regains her spiritual senses, as the numbness wears off. It will be weeks before she will be able to process her life through a more profound and intense theological grid.

Passages - People - Pain - End - Book

One of the more common passages for people in pain is at the end of the book of Genesis. You know the story. It’s about Joseph and the ordeal he went through with his family.

At one moment, he was the happy, innocent son of a great man. In the next moment, he was looking up from a pit where his brothers tossed him. He went from light to darkness in a flash.

Unaware - Lives - Enemy - Schemes - Feet

Unaware is how heartbreak usually comes into our lives. Though the enemy is always plotting against us, we never know the schemes until it knocks us off our feet. This shock is the hard part.

I do not know how long it took Joseph to figure out things. The Bible doesn’t tell us when he came to terms with his suffering. I’m sure he was like us–vulnerable, fearful, and discouraged.

We do know how he thought...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Rick Thomas
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: