Don't Throw a Tantrum When Hard Times Come

Charisma Magazine | 3/14/2018 | Staff
penaert (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.charismamag.com/images/stories/2018/misc/Video/GettyImages-anger.jpg

Last week, I boarded a flight for Miami to begin a journey to South America. But our departure time came and went, and flight attendants made numerous announcements apologizing for the delay. Finally, the pilot announced that we had a mechanical problem. He instructed everyone to get off the plane.

The mood was tense as all the passengers regrouped in the gate area. Airline representatives announced that everyone would have to be rebooked because our flight was canceled. The reason: A bird had collided with the plane and caused undetermined damage.

Colombia - Conference - Day - Heart - Passengers

I was upset at first. I was supposed to arrive in Colombia that evening, and I was scheduled to speak at a conference the next day. I was grumbling in my heart. But other passengers were more vocal. I was standing in a long line to speak with an agent, but I could hear people yelling at airline personnel.

One woman near me was on the phone with the airline. She was demanding a rebooking. "I'm not asking you, I'm telling you," she told a customer service representative. "You will get me on another flight, and you will cover the cost of my hotel in Miami and reimburse me for the $1,500 hotel room I was supposed to sleep in tonight in Aruba."

Customer - Gate - Agent - Fault - Rogue

Another customer was yelling at the innocent gate agent, as if it were her fault that a rogue bird had been allowed to fly into Atlanta's airspace. I felt sorry for the lady at the counter, who was attempting to show courtesy while being berated.

A male passenger near the gate began dropping F-bombs and making verbal threats toward the airline for spoiling his travel plans. A second gate agent informed him that she would call security if he didn't stop yelling.

Scene - Reality

Watching this scene jolted me into reality. I couldn't believe...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Charisma Magazine
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: