Fmr. Obama NSC Spokesperson Defends Trump CIA Director Nominee Gina Haspel

Washington Free Beacon | 3/13/2018 | Andrew Kugle
darktm22darktm22 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: http://freebeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Screen-Shot-2018-03-13-at-12.54.10-PM-e1520960111312.png

BY: Andrew Kugle Follow @AndrewJKugle

Ned Price, former spokesperson for the Central Intelligence Agency and National Security Council under President Barack Obama, on Tuesday defended President Donald Trump's nominee to lead the CIA.

President - Donald - Trump - Twitter - Tuesday

President Donald Trump announced on Twitter Tuesday that Secretary of State Rex Tillerson would be replaced by CIA Director Mike Pompeo, and Pompeo in turn would be replaced by CIA Deputy Director Gina Haspel.

Haspel is expected to face questions about her time in the CIA's former covert program under which suspected terrorists were interrogated. The methods of interrogation included waterboarding.

MSNBC - Anchor - Ali - Velshi - Malcom

MSNBC anchor Ali Velshi asked Malcom Nance, former intelligence officer and MSNBC analyst, about Haspel and Trump both supporting enhance interrogation.

"Haspel along with President Trump have supported enhanced interrogation or torture. What does that mean?" Velshi asked.

Laws - Torture - Interrogation - Techniques - Way

"Well, it's irrelevant now because there are congressional laws, which completely prohibit torture and most of those enhanced interrogation techniques from being used the way they were used during the Bush administration's years," Nance responded. "You have to understand her position. She's a career intelligence officer, but she was also a deputy throughout most of the time. When she was given orders, she had to carry them out. Some other people might have quit … She's a career professional. I think she'll have to answer for some of the things she did during her time, but for the most part, I think the agency is out of that business."

Price agreed with Nance's comments and added that the policy of enhanced interrogations wasn't something that Haspel herself "cooked up."

Malcom - Action - CIA - Detention - Interrogation

"I completely agree with Malcom on this. I think we have to remember that covert action programs–and the CIA's detention and interrogation program was indeed a covert action program–they are designed, conceived, and authorized by policy makers, by the White House in particular and by...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Washington Free Beacon
Wake Up To Breaking News!
It's a fight to the death, which you will eventually lose...