CNN, MSNBC Journalists Give Trump Glowing Praise for North Korea Move as Obama Flacks Lose It

NewsBusters | 3/8/2018 | Staff
hoppers911 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/erin_burnett_outfront_-_07_13_41_pm.jpg

It was quite a sight on the Thursday editions of CNN’s Erin Burnett OutFront and MSNBC’s Hardball as liberal journalists heaped effusive praise on President Trump for his “remarkable,” “significant,” and “stunning” willingness to meet soon with North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un. All the while, each network’s former Obama administration officials experienced weapons-grade meltdowns.

Since this site is dedicated to the media, let’s go first to the journalists. CNN’s Erin Burnett led the way, seemingly flabbergasted after the announcement as she told viewers “[t]hat was a stunning statement” by the South Korean national security adviser.

Thing - Anybody - Expert - Korea - Response

“That is incredible thing and I don't think there’s anybody watching this or any expert on Korea who expected that response at this time, pretty stunning,” she added.

Before a commercial break at 7:35 p.m Eastern, Burnett offered this jaw-dropping quote of praise for the President: “Just an extraordinary evening and, of course, opening the door to the big question: If President Trump can truly solve this problem, that would be going down as a great President and there’s no way around that. That is the reality here.”

Affairs - Correspondent - Elise - Labott - Trump

Global affairs correspondent Elise Labott suggested that it was “good for [Trump] for lowering the temperature” with North Korea as evidence that his “maximum pressure campaign” worked.

Later, she went further:

US - Everything - President - Trump - Advisers

I think you have to trust but verify and the U.S. is not going to just giveaway everything. President Trump does have good advisers around him. I think it is a different moment. I think it's significant. I think President Trump, as we have said, does deserve credit for this maximum pressure campaign working, but I think you need to be skeptical about what the North Koreans are going to do.

CNN international correspondent Will Ripley has been a near-frequent visitor to North Korea and thus his perspective was crucial, particularly...
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Don't panic!