I challenged myself to read 50 books a year, and it changed my life in surprising ways

Business Insider | 3/8/2018 | Medium
sheenabeanna (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://amp.businessinsider.com/images/5aa0297f57533c20008b45b8-750-375.jpg

It is easy to use lack of time as an excuse for not reading.

You will get better at reading by making a habit of picking up a book, rather than your phone, at quiet points in the day.

People - Relationship - Phone

People who read regularly often find that they sleep better, learn more, and have a healthier relationship with their phone.

It's been eight weeks since I began my "50 books in 2018" challenge with my friend Tom Kuegler.

Goal - Book - Week - Book - Month

I was pretty terrified to take on this goal of reading at least one book a week, considering I barely kept up with reading one book a month last year.

My excuse was always that I didn't have enough time. After all, I have a full time job, work on my side hustle full time outside of work, and travel frequently.

Bulls - Time

But deep down I knew that was bulls---, and that I could make time if I truly wanted to.

This goal has truly transformed my life in the past eight weeks  —  really challenging me to take a look at how I'm spending my minutes during the day.

Share - Book - Year - Book - Moment

I'm excited to share that I'm currently finishing book #9 for the year, and loving every book reading moment.

Not having enough time was a complete bulls--- excuse all along.

Minutes - Phone - Time - Minutes

My endless minutes of mindless phone time has transformed into meaningful minutes...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Business Insider
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: