Want better sex? Try getting better sleep

www.cbsnews.com | 3/8/2018 | Staff
my_new_puppy (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cbsnews3.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/r/2018/03/08/c5fff07b-16c7-41f1-bd72-af72f33ed5f7/thumbnail/1200x630/d798be71639961cc0a7985735a9b9500/istock-484634428.jpg

Laurie Mintz is a professor of psychology at the University of Florida.

One in 3 American adults do not get enough sleep. Sexual issues are also common, with as many as 45 percent of women and 31 percent of men having a concern about their sex life. While these might seem like distinct concerns, they are actually highly related.

Sex - State - Location - Bedroom - Lack

How are sleep and sex related? I'll state the obvious: We most commonly sleep and have sex in the same location – the bedroom. Less obvious but more important is that lack of sleep and lack of sex share some common underlying causes, including stress. Especially important, lack of sleep can lead to sexual problems and a lack of sex can lead to sleep problems. Conversely, a good night's sleep can lead to a greater interest in sex, and orgasmic sex can result in a better night's sleep.

I am a sex educator and researcher who has published several studies on the effectiveness of self-help books in enhancing sexual functioning. I have also written two sexual self-help books, both based in research findings. My latest book, "Becoming Cliterate: Why Orgasm Equality Matters – and How to Get It," is aimed at empowering women to reach orgasm. More pertinent to the connection between sleep and sex, my first book, "A Tired Woman's Guide to Passionate Sex," was written to help the countless women who say they are too exhausted to be interested in sex.

Reason - Book - Women - Sex - Women

The reason I wrote a book for women who are too tired for sex is because women are disproportionately affected by both sleep problems and by low sexual desire, and the relationship between the two is indisputable. Women are more likely than men to have sleep problems, and the most common sexual complaint that women bring to sex therapists and physicians is...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.cbsnews.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: