A 5am wake up, cayenne pepper instead of coffee and meals 'drenched' in olive oil: A day in the life of supermodel Elle Macpherson (and her VERY unusual bedtime routine!)

Mail Online | 3/9/2018 | Laura House For Daily Mail Australia
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/03/09/01/4A05B44000000578-0-image-a-2_1520557893152.jpg

Australian supermodel Elle Macpherson, 53, credits her enviable figure, glowing complexion and positive outlook to a very strict daily routine.

And now, Elle has opened up about her average day and revealed the key things she does that keep her healthy and in shape.

Glossy - Elle - Day - Bed - Hour

Speaking to Glossy, Elle said she wakes up each day at 5am before laying in bed for half an hour meditating and practicing 'mindful breathing'.

Elle then enjoys a glass of warm water with lemon, swaps a morning coffee for a sprinkle of cayenne pepper in water and has a green breakfast smoothie made with her Super Elixir.

Something - Egg - Sunflower - Dark - Rye

'If I'm craving something hot, I'll have a poached egg on sunflower or wheat-free dark rye bread, raw oatmeal with agave or a raw chia pudding soaked in almond milk,' she said.

After breakfast, she either goes for a swim in the ocean or does yoga before returning home to dry-brush her body, cleanse her face with a glycolic wash, moisturising and 'slathering' herself in suncream.

Business - Commitments - Elle - Smoothie - Lunch

In between business commitments, Elle snacks on a healthy smoothie and usually has lunch at around 1pm - the meal consisting of lots of vegetables, sardines and salad 'drenched in premium olive oil'.

'Good fats are important to my well-being,' she said.

Work - Elle - Day - Workout - Yoga

After work Elle finishes her day with a workout outside - yoga or cycling - before enjoying a healthy vegetable-laden dinner and perhaps a sweet treat like dark chocolate or vegan ice cream.

Elle's bedtime routine is strict, with the model spritzing the room with her lavender Sleep Welle mist, drinking a fortifying tea with valerian root, hops and skullcap, and slipping into a pair of cotton pyjamas.

'Then - Yoga - Pose - Bed - Legs

'Then I do a yoga pose, which is meant to help induce sleep. It involves lying on the bed with my legs up the wall -...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!