The Path of the Cross

Key Life | 3/5/2018 | Staff
TitanSwimr (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://s3.amazonaws.com/keylife/article_featured_images/pathofcross.jpg

We think the cross is fine and necessary for those who aren’t saved…but, once we’re saved, it’s no longer relevant to our lives. We, as Christians, forget that the cross is the very paradigm for who we are and everything we do, think, feel and believe. So if that’s true (and it is), then what does the path of the cross look like?

The cross has to do with love. “Complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind” (Philippians 2:2).

Christians - Cross - Everything

We, as Christians, forget that the cross is the very paradigm for who we are and everything we do, think, feel and believe.

Do you want to avoid being hurt and in pain? That’s easy enough. Encase yourself in concrete, have only acquaintances (not friends), never sin, never struggle, be pure, smile all the time and be sure to keep people at arm’s length. Then…you’ll die inside. It takes the cross to penetrate the hardness of our concrete, thus enabling us to reach out to one another.

Fact - Christian - Order - Anyone - Jesus

The fact is, as a Christian, you have to be unqualified in order to qualify. When anyone comes to Jesus and says, “I bring you my gift: I’m rich, articulate, beautiful and athletic. You’re really fortunate to have me!” Jesus then disappears out the side door with tears streaming down his face. So Christians are truly unqualified. Everybody is…we just happen to know it.

It is all a process. Something traumatic happens. We fail big time. We sin big time. We hurt big time. We’re lonely big time. Then someone cares enough to tell us about Jesus Christ, the One who will accept us, love us, forgive us and make us a part of his family. So we receive it, are saved and become a...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Key Life
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: