10 Things You Never Knew about “The Dukes of Hazzard”

TVOvermind | 3/8/2018 | Wake
Click For Photo: http://www.tvovermind.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/john_schneider_general_lee.jpg

The Dukes of Hazzard was one of the absolute most fun shows in all of TV growing up. I can still recall having a small, matchbox version of the General Lee and racing it all around the living room when the show came on. By far it was one of the only live action shows that ever gained my attention as a kid and was one of the few that I really remembered growing up as being anything special. What the movie did to it wasn’t all that great but it could have been worse. Of course then it got worse since the idea of the show was stripped down to its basic parts and the whole thrill of it was just gone.

At least it’s worth remembering the show though.

Boss - Hogg - Limits

10. Boss Hogg did have well-defined limits.

The actor had it stipulated in his contract that Boss Hogg wouldn’t kill or deal drugs. Of course even a villain has to have a line they won’t cross.

Lot - Cars - Show

9. There were a lot of cars crashed during this show.

Replacing the police sedans was simple but it was much harder to replace the General Lee since the model changed between the years. It got to the point that the producers would offer to buy just about any charger they saw on the street.

Dixie - Horn - Plans - Show

8. The Dixie horn wasn’t originally in the plans for the show.

They bought the horn for three times what it was worth before finding out that it was a novelty item.

Show - Dive - Ratings - Stars - Walkout

7. The show took a dive in the ratings when the main stars were replaced due to a walkout.

Coy and Vance weren’t nearly as popular as Bo and Luke. Daisy and Uncle Jesse almost walked out...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVOvermind
Wake Up To Breaking News!