How to Defy the Devil

Desiring God | 8/19/2005 | John Piper
amyc9948 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://dg.imgix.net/defy-the-devil-with-the-word-lxc1hwyi-en/landscape/defy-the-devil-with-the-word-lxc1hwyi-869262a0d1c77ec032c51fa136ec6fc5.jpg?ts=1520007579&ixlib=rails-2.1.4&w=800&h=450&auto=format,compress&fit=min

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r0H3kTtnjY

Meditate on the word of God day and night. Now, I mean this book — the black one or burgundy or white or red or little or big — whatever version you have. I like the English Standard Version, which has just come out in the last five years. I recommend it, but this is not a conference on Bible translation.

“The precepts of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart.” There it is. I mean, God said so. “The precepts of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart” (Psalm 19:8).

Words - Words - Joy - Delight - Heart

“Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name” (Jeremiah 15:16). Eat Bible. It’s more important than breakfast. I promise you. Eat Bible.

“His delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night,” and therefore, he becomes “like a tree planted by streams of water” (Psalm 1:2–3). When there’s drought, fruit still happens because his roots are down in the word.

Word - Mouth - God - Matthew

“Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God” (Matthew 4:4). They’re all life-giving.

“Faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ” (Romans 10:17). Faith, if it’s going to be sustained, and it has joy — remember all woven into it — faith comes by hearing. That’s not just at conversion. That’s every day of your life. When you get up in the morning, my guess is, unless you’re a very different person from me, you must get faith again. And you get it from the Bible. “Faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word.” So you go to your Bible every morning to have faith set aflame and ignited again.

“Whatever was...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Desiring God
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: