Management Style of a Worship Leader

ChurchLeaders | 3/7/2018 | Staff
aniki (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://churchleaders-eszuskq0bptlfh8awbb.stackpathdns.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/3.8.CC.WORSHIP.ManagementStyle.jpg

One of the most challenging role of a Worship Pastor/Music Minister is serving as a manager/supervisor. As a manager/supervisor I am responsible for everything in my area of ministry. Depending on the size of your ministry team, there is usually tens to hundreds of people under your leadership. Whenever there are people involved in anything, the chances for conflict and disharmony are close behind. When there are musicians involved, the chances are almost certain. We could cover a host of issues as managers/supervisors. This brief article will cover a few duties of conflict management.

Musicians Ego:

Church - Conflict - Issue - Christians - Christians

You would think in the church, conflict should be a non issue. We are Christians and Christians should not fight or struggle with ego and moral issues. We should approach ministry with a servant’s heart… ready to play as part of the team. Right.

No where in the church are egos bigger than in the music department. What we have to do is become the watchdogs if you will. We have to first keep our own egos in check and then watch out for others. In most instances it’s not a conscious thing. There are really only a few people that I have encountered in the ministry who have abrasive egos. When egos pop up, we have to be willing to step in and re-state our purpose and goals. In some cases...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChurchLeaders
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Measuring his life out one teaspoon at a time.