Abuse, Suffering, and Other Painful Disappointments

Rick Thomas | 3/8/2018 | Rick Thomas
chrismpotts (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://rickthomas.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/RMlogoAbuseSufferingandPainfulDisappointments.jpg

It takes grace, courage, faith, humility, patience, and a passion for wanting to grow in your walk with God. And though it’s counterintuitive, suffering is one of the primary means the Lord uses to mature us.

Our podcasts are on iTunes, Google Play, SoundCloud, TuneIn, or Stitcher. If you want to comment on this content, go here.

You may want to read:

When I went through the most challenging time of my life, the Lord taught me many things that formed a “theology of suffering” that changed how I thought about God, myself, and others.

Abuse - Mind - Yours - Heartbreaking - Gut-wrenching

Each abuse is different, and mind is not like yours, but from a heartbreaking, gut-wrenching, and soul-discomfiting point of view, it is similar. The disappointment is thick, the anger can be all-consuming, the bitterness seeks to creep in, and the process out of it is slow, tedious, and sometimes maddening.

But as you have already experienced to some degree, and are experiencing in an ongoing way, God was there at the beginning of your disappointment (Genesis 39:2), and He is there now (Hebrews 13:8). The Lord is answering one of your most prolonged and most desired prayers, though not in a way that you ever wanted or anticipated.

Prayer - Heart - Desire - Jesus - Christians

That prayer is your heart’s desire to look like Jesus. All Christians want to be Christlike, though, sadly, the process to that good end is usually not how we expected or wanted. But the benefit of Christ-transformation is life-changing. Paul asked for it this way:

You’re living out that prayer now. You are learning more about Jesus through the things that you are suffering.

News - Suffering - Gifts - Yours

The good news is that as you continue to persevere in your suffering, you will mature through it. The gifts that will be yours are impossible to explain or appreciate fully.

Our ministry is an outward manifestation of God’s gift to me...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Rick Thomas
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Sometimes I Wake Up Grumpy. Other Times I Let Her Sleep