Sr. Caritas’ 10 things you will not regret doing before you die

Les7799 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://aleteiaen.files.wordpress.com/2018/03/web3-sister-maria-caritas-notes-photo-supplied.jpg?quality=100&strip=all

This saintly nun died last month. The wisdom she left us is worth meditating on and memorizing.

I will never forget the first time I met Sr. Caritas. Her health had been on the decline and she had just moved to Boston to begin the final phase of her life. One day, I was walking down the hall and caught sight of an elderly sister who was about 50 feet away. As I walked toward her, she opened her arms wide as if to enfold me in her thin frame. I thought, “Surely, this sister is confusing me for someone else. I don’t know her.” But Sr. Caritas was not confused. She was filled with joy at the sight of a young sister. She hugged me, looked into my eyes, and began peppering me with questions. I will never forget her welcome. In fact, I can say with complete honesty that I have never been welcomed by a stranger with that much love ever before.

Sister - Maria - Caritas - FSP - February

Sister Maria Caritas, FSP, died on February 1. She was not famous or well-known. She lived a hidden life, especially in these past several years in Boston. She had previously been stationed in Toronto and had close...
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: