What If I Told You that Abortion was a Patriarchal Con-Job on Women?

Euangelion | 3/8/2018 | Staff
TimHyuga (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/wp-content/themes/Patheos%20TwentySeventeen/assets/images/default-thumbs/default-img-3-green.jpg

As a man, I do find it hard to discuss abortion for the reason that I am, well, a man. I will never be in the position of having an unwanted pregnancy. So, in the very least, there is an asymmetry about men talking about women’s bodies and deciding how they should be treated. I also know that abortion is not a black and white issue. There are legitimate medical grounds for seeking an abortion, ranging from ectopic pregnancies to sexual assault, and so forth. So I can live with ambiguity here.

However, I do have a mother, a wife, and two daughters, I am involved in their lives, their decisions, and so this is an issue that does involve men like me. Men are involved here, not only at the point of conception, but beyond that, in the messy world of male-female relationships, and the complexities of raising children. So I like to think that I am allowed to offer my two cents on the topic without being shouted down by the masses of pro-abortion objectors.

Slogan - Rare - Abortion - Ideal - Time

To be honest, I am concerned that the old slogan of “safe, legal, and rare” which recognized that abortion was less than ideal and not necessarily desirable, has now been replaced with the mantra “any time for any reason without apology.”

While I understand the reason for having an abortion due to an ectopic pregnancy, I’m less inclined to support one because eight months into a pregnancy a woman decides that she’d rather go skiing in Austria. So while I disagreed with the old pro-aborition ethos, I understood it; but now, for people advocating late-term abortion without a perilous health risk to a mother, I’m just abhorred by it.

Contention - Movement - Fact - Con-job

My main contention is that the pro-abortion movement is, in fact, a patriarchal con-job that serves primarily to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Euangelion
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Never argue with an idiot, the spectators may not be able to differentiate between you.