Zach Galifianakis on Disney’s ‘A Wrinkle in Time’; Confirms Season 4 of FX’s ‘Baskets’

Collider | 3/7/2018 | Christina Radish
Alenaaa (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo:

From visionary director Ava DuVernay and based on Madeleine L’Engle’s timeless classic, A Wrinkle in Time follows Meg Murry (Storm Reid), as she sets out on a transformative journey to discover that strength comes from embracing one’s flaws and that the light inside us can overcome the darkness. Meg is a typical teenager struggling with issues of self-worth, along with the mysterious disappearance of her father, four years ago. Upon learning that her father might still be alive but trapped on another planet somewhere in the cosmos, Meg sets out on an adventure with her younger brother, Charles Wallace (Deric McCabe), and fellow classmate, Calvin (Levi Miller), to find out if she has the courage it will takes to get him back.

At the film’s Los Angeles press junket, Collider got the opportunity to chat 1-on-1 with actor Zach Galifianakis (who plays the Happy Medium, a seer that Meg, Charles Wallace, Calvin and the Mrs. visit to gain insight as to the location of Mr. Murry) about his fear of heights, having to balance on one leg and act, at the same time, not wanting to flub his lines, and what it was like to work with Oprah Winfrey. He also talked about his desire to play a psycho killer, how proud he is of his FX series Baskets, and working on a fourth season.

Collider - Thing - Stops - Yoga - Studio

Collider: If the acting thing stops working for you, you should open a yoga studio as the Happy Medium, for a side business. I’d take yoga from the Happy Medium!

ZACH GALIFIANAKIS: Maybe I’ll start doing that! It’s not a bad idea.

Did - Leg - Cave - Time

Did you have to balance on one leg, in the cave, for a long time?

GALIFIANAKIS: I did have to balance.

Mrs - Dresses

It didn’t seem very fair that the Mrs. had long dresses and could pretend that they were balancing...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Collider
Wake Up To Breaking News!