Grab a 4K Blu-ray player for $99.99 and get 'Blue Planet II' free

CNET | 3/6/2018 | Rick Broida
joseph76 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cnet2.cbsistatic.com/img/7qYbRZh4UW_8MzCkSLe1I-z5Cd0=/2018/03/06/4969c570-24b4-4bd9-b83a-b48e56553e9d/blue-planet-ii-prequel-5-minute-no-ratings-bug-youtube-preset-1920x1080-1056089667613.jpg

CNET's Cheapskate scours the web for great deals on PCs, phones, gadgets and much more. Questions about the Cheapskate blog? Find the answers on our FAQ page. Find more great buys on the CNET Deals page and follow the Cheapskate on Facebook and Twitter!

Start building your 4K Blu-ray library with this excellent freebie.

Record - TVs - Kind - Pointless - Part

I'm on record as saying 4K TVs are kind of pointless, in part because there's so little 4K content to watch and in part because I'm not going to enjoy "Baby Driver" any more in 4K than I did in 1080p.

Plunk me down in front of something like BBC's "Blue Planet" series, however, and I'll take all the pixels I can get.

Today - Deal - Time - Supplies - Best

Which brings us to today's deal: For a limited time, and while supplies last, Best Buy has the Samsung UDB-M7500 4K Blu-ray player for $99.99, a price that includes a free copy of the "Blue Planet II" 4K Ultra-HD Blu-ray steelbook. (Walmart has the player for the same price, but no "Blue Planet" bonus.) Samsung proper sells the player for $219.99.

The instructions for getting this deal are clearly identified on Best Buy's page, but here's a recap: Check the "Add to offer" box alongside the player, then the "Add to offer" box alongside one of the two available "Blue Planet" SKUs. Which one? The steelbook version, natch: It's worth more and it comes in a metal case with exclusive extras.

Add - Cart - Note - Internet - Connection

Before you click "Add to Cart" and check out, though, take note: The UDB-M7500 requires a wired internet connection, so plan on running some Ethernet cable from your router to your TV if you haven't already done so. That's so you can stream content (4K and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNET
Wake Up To Breaking News!