Oscars 2018: Frances McDormand, Guillermo Del Toro, And Other Acceptance Speech Highlights

The Playlist | 3/5/2018 | Charles Barfield
hubbog (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://theplaylist.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Frances-McDormand-Oscar-2018-Acceptance.jpg

In light of recent events, viewers were expecting this year’s Oscars acceptance speeches to not only feature the requisite thank you’s and emotion, but to also make mention of the political climate and the issues that are currently rocking Hollywood. While there maybe wasn’t an Oprah-like speech, that almost felt like a movement-in-the-making, there were plenty of inspiring words that very well might bring a tear to your eye.

Perhaps the most memorable moment is none other than “Three Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri” Best Actress winner Frances McDormand’s speech about representation. While snubbing host Jimmy Kimmel’s offer of a jet ski (more on that later), McDormand decided to give all female nominees a moment to stand and be recognized. It was a moving sight to see, and she took that moment to encourage studios to take more meetings, instead of empty congratulations.

Speech - Words - Ladies - Gentlemen - Inclusion

She ended her speech by saying, “I have two words to leave with you tonight, ladies and gentlemen: inclusion rider.”

Other winners included Sam Rockwell and Allison Janney, from ‘Three Billboards’ and “I, Tonya,” respectively, for their Supporting Actor/Actress wins. Both gave fun, short speeches. Rockwell talked his love of movies, while ending with a special dedication to Philip Seymour Hoffman. Janney started her speech by jokingly forgoing the thank you’s, and said, “I did it all by myself.”

(Excerpt) Read more at: The Playlist
Wake Up To Breaking News!