Whoopi Goldberg Wears Combat Boots Under Her Christian Siriano Oscars Gown to Be 'Comfortable'

PEOPLE.com | 3/4/2018 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://peopledotcom.files.wordpress.com/2018/03/whoopi-goldberg-boots.jpg?crop=0px,0px,2000px,1050px&resize=1200,630

When it came to Whoopi Goldberg‘s 90th annual Academy Awards red carpet look, comfort was key.

“Christian Siriano made this for me and he said I’m gonna make it so you will be comfortable,” Goldberg said on the red carpet of her off-the-shoulder floral patterned ballgown.

Pockets - Siriano - Gown - Goldberg - Choice

But besides the pockets, Siriano designed the belted colorful gown so Goldberg could conceal her most comfortable footwear choice: combat boots!

“So it has pockets and it also has…” the 1991 Best Supporting Actress winner said as she lifted up her billowing skirt to reveal the unlaced boots she was wearing beneath it. To complete her look, Goldberg added a red pin over her heart on the gown to raise awareness for HIV.

Siriano - Photo - Goldberg - Carpet - Instagram

Siriano shared a photo of Goldberg on the red carpet on Instagram, captioning it, “Whoopi I love you so much! So amazing in custom Siriano tonight at the #Oscars, It was an honor. #oscars2018.”

Be sure to check out PEOPLE’s full Academy Awards coverage to get the latest news on Hollywood’s big night.

Designer - Awards - Season - Total - Women

The designer’s been busy this entire awards season, dressing a total of 11 women at the Golden Globe Awards and three at the Screen Actors Guild Awards. “It’s been hard,” Siriano laughed when PEOPLE interviewed him at the launch of his E.L.F. Cosmetics collection before the Oscars. “It’s been a really rough one.”

Watch People...
(Excerpt) Read more at: PEOPLE.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Never argue with an idiot, the spectators may not be able to differentiate between you.