Surprise! Assistant Director of FBI’s Girlfriend is Illegal Alien on NBC’s ‘Blindspot’

NewsBusters | 3/2/2018 | Staff
Alenaaa (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/blindspot_-_warning_shot_-_08_03_35_pm.jpg

There was a real plot twist in the personal life of FBI Assistant Director Edgar Reade (Rob Brown) in the March 2 episode of NBC’s Blindspot, titled “Warning Shot.” His girlfriend, Meg Butani (Reshma Shetty), reveals to FBI Special Agent Tasha Zapata (Audrey Esparza) that she is an illegal alien. Oh, by the way, Meg is a high profile journalist who was in a storyline about African refugees.

Would someone in the FBI, especially someone so high up in the organization, be willing to risk his career with a romance with an illegal alien? Well, maybe, given all the political corruption we’ve seen lately in the headlines these days.

Meg - America - Process - Dilemma - Age

Naturally, Meg feels entitled to remain in America even though she never went through the legal process, even when she learned of her dilemma at the age of 16 years old when she tried to get a driver’s license. At least Meg finally snaps out of the sadness of her illegal life in America to ask what any reasonable person would – how did she get mixed up personally with Reade, given his position?

Meg: My family came from India when I was 6. My uncle arranged our papers, and we thought everything was okay. Then, when I was 16, I took my documents to the DMV to get my driver's license... The lady at the counter took one look at them and said that if I didn't want to get arrested I should burn the whole pile.

Tasha - Uncle - Fakes

Tasha: Your uncle got you fakes.

Meg: I've gone to college. I've paid taxes. I've worked at two high-profile newspapers without being discovered. But everything that I do, it's a roll of the dice.

Tasha - Way

Tasha: That's a horrible way to live.

Meg: But not as bad as the idea of being shipped off to a place that I barely remember....
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
Wake Up To Breaking News!