Peter Diamandis explains how he's working toward a future where humans can freely explore space and live forever

Business Insider | 10/4/2004 | Richard Feloni, Anna Mazarakis
PinkPuffFairy (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo:

Peter Diamandis is a serial entrepreneur known for his work in space.

He is the executive chairman and founder of the X Prize Foundation, the executive founder of Singularity University and International Space University, and the co-executive chairman of Planetary Resources, among other organizations.

Peter - Diamandis - Career - Kid - Blast

When we asked Peter Diamandis how he sees his extraordinary career, he told us, "I think of myself as a 9-year-old kid having a blast."

Diamandis has made a career of making that 9-year-old happy.

Business - Insider - Podcast - Success - Man

He told Business Insider's podcast, "Success! How I Did it," about how he became the man behind companies making science fiction come true: the XPRIZE Foundation, Singularity University, Human Longevity Inc.

As a child Diamandis wanted to explore space, but his parents wanted him to be a doctor. His solution to that problem was to do both.

Space - Space - Travel - Government - Life

He's dedicated himself to "opening up space," making space travel accessible to not just the government, and increasing the human life span.

His latest project, undertaken with Bob Hariri, is called Celularity, and it's finding ways to use stem cells from placentas to boost exponentially the body's ability to recover from illness and injury.

Diamandis - Life - Span - Limit

When Diamandis thinks about increasing human life span, he does not see a limit.

Like so many kids growing up at the time, his fascination with making the impossible possible started with the real-life sci-fi he saw on TV: the Apollo 11 moon landing in 1969.

Listen to the full episode here:

Subscribe to "Success! How I Did It" on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, or your favorite podcast app. Check out previous episodes with:

Transcript - Clarity

The following transcript has been edited for clarity.

Peter Diamandis: And I remember it was the Apollo program that was at the top of my consciousness. I clipped out every article; I read every article. And then "Star Trek" came on.

Apollo showed us what we could do now, and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Business Insider
Wake Up To Breaking News!
May you always have love to share, health to spare, and friends that care