Hypnotic soap-cutting videos are the latest trend in sensory clips that give watchers a relaxing 'brain orgasm'

Mail Online | 3/2/2018 | Megan Sheets For Dailymail.com
iVchan (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/03/01/22/49B6A1BD00000578-0-image-a-35_1519944292283.jpg

Click For Video: http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/03/01/8069291835121486625/1024x576_MP4_8069291835121486625.mp4

Soap-cutting has been added to the list of things that can give you a 'brain orgasm' along with sizzling bacon and soft whispers.

The newest social media video trend involves cutting or shaving pieces of soap off a block to relax viewers or induce a tingly feeling known as ASMR.

Research - Response - ASMR - Sensation - Skin

Research has suggested that autonomous sensory meridian response (ASMR), which refers to a tingling sensation on the skin that typically begins on the scalp and moves down the back of the neck and upper spine, may help temporarily alleviate symptoms of depression and chronic pain.

A small group of social media accounts have set out to bring soft, soapy relaxation to thousands of viewers.

Videos - Variety - Peeling - Techniques - Types

'Soap-cutting' videos involve using a variety of peeling, chopping, shaving and cutting techniques on different types and colors of soap.

One of the most popular soap-cutting accounts on YouTube called ASMR Soap Queen is run by a woman who identifies herself only as 'Z.E.'.

'I - Film - Videos - People - Daily

'I decided to film soap-cutting videos because I thought people might find it relaxing,' she told Daily Mail Online.

Z.E. said that when she started the accounts on Instagram and YouTube, the initial feedback wad mostly negative.

Concept - Lot - People

'Because it was such a new concept, a lot of people didn’t understand what I was doing,' she said.

However, she said the general response quickly turned from negative to positive.

'You - Idea - People - Video - Study

'You have no idea how many people thanked me for making a video that helps them study, sleep, relax and get rid of their anxiety. It was like a tiny cure of stress.'

Z.E. has been watching ASMR videos on YouTube for several years. She found that soap-cutting was an innovative way to create the tingling sensation.

Soap - Pieces - Noise - ZE - Today

'How the soap crumbles into pieces and the noise it makes is very appealing,' Z.E. told The Today Show.

'The reason why people enjoy these types...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!