Sunday Scripture

(in)courage | 2/25/2018 | Renee Swope
TimHyuga (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://www.incourage.me/wp/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/02252018_ReneeSwope_SundayScripture-1200x858.jpg

How In The World Am I Going to Do This?

Has God ever called you to something that felt completely impossible in your own strength?

Sons - God - Girl - Ethiopia - Mountains

When our sons were eleven and thirteen, God called us to adopt a little girl from Ethiopia. After mountains of paperwork and mountain-moving prayers we sensed God leading us to adopt a two girls between four and six years old so there wouldn’t be a huge age gap with our boys.

But in the end, God didn’t give us two little girls that fit nice and neatly into our family. He gave us a baby: a six-month-old baby girl who weighed eight pounds.

Doubt - Risks - Struggles - Unknowns

We knew without a doubt she was to be ours, but we also knew she was severely malnourished, which meant high risks of neurological struggles and many unknowns.

However, what scared me most was that I was forty-two years old, had aging parents with health issues, tween and teenage boys I was desperately trying to figure out how to parent, a very full-time job and no memory of anything I ever knew about babies.

World

How in the world am I going to do this? I wondered.

I imagine Joshua may have asked the same thing when God called him to step into Moses’ shoes and take on the assignment of leading the nation of Israel into the Promise Land.

Story - God - Commission - Joshua

I love this story so much, because God didn’t just call and commission Joshua and leave him to figure it out on his own.

God prepared...
(Excerpt) Read more at: (in)courage
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Never argue with an idiot, the spectators may not be able to differentiate between you.
Tagged: