The Saturday Monks Brunch: February 24, 2018 | 2/24/2018 | Chaplain Mike
kringkring (Posted by) Level 4

Billy Graham died this past week. He was the face of evangelicalism in the second half of the twentieth century, distinguishing it as a defined movement between fundamentalism and mainline Protestantism.

Today, we devote our brunch to discussing this iconic figure and his legacy. Today, there is a new meaning to the word “post-evangelicalism,” for the old evangelicalism is now truly past.

Person - God - Faithful - Family - Faithful

I want to be remembered as a person who was faithful to God, faithful to my family, faithful to the Scriptures, and faithful to my calling … a man who dedicated his life to the Lord and never looked back.

“The Rev. Billy Graham was one of the most dominant Christian figures over the last 75 years. No more than one or two popes, perhaps one or two other people, came close to what he achieved.

Leader - Spokesman - Movement - Half - Century

“He was the key leader and the major spokesman of the evangelical movement during the last half of the 20th century. That movement has become one of the strongest in all of world Christianity and world religion, and he played the major role in that.

“He held evangelistic crusades in more than 80 countries; he preached in person to more than 80 million people and live through various media to hundreds of millions of others.

Leaders - World - Sense - Part - Movement

“He brought evangelical leaders from all over the world together, giving them a sense of being part of a great movement and showing them how to cooperate with each other to accomplish a great deal more.

“In huge international conferences, his organization taught tens of thousands of preachers from nearly every country in the world how to do the everyday nuts-and-bolts work of direct evangelism.

Friend - Counselor - Presidents - Dwight - Eisenhower

“He was a friend and counselor to virtually all the presidents since Dwight Eisenhower and a statesman not only for evangelical religion and Christianity but for the United States and...
(Excerpt) Read more at:
Wake Up To Breaking News!
If the Government could just stop...