10 Things We Want to See in ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ Season 2

/Film | 2/22/2018 | Monique Jones
Click For Photo: http://www.slashfilm.com/wp/wp-content/images/startrek-discovery-livelong-banner.jpg

The first season of Star Trek: Discovery has come and gone. So now it’s time to assess the pros and cons of season 1 and figure out how to make the second season even better.

On the whole, I did like this first season; it was a bold, inventive way of approaching the Star Trek franchise and I feel like it completed its mission overall. But there were some weak spots that I hope get addressed as the show evolves. Here are 10 things that I’d like to see in Star Trek: Discovery season 2.

Tardigrade - Aliens - Klingons - Vulcans - Season

Aside from the giant tardigrade, we only started seeing different aliens other than the standard Klingons and Vulcans more than halfway into the first season. For a Star Trek show, that’s a shame.

What I’d love to see next season is a focus on more of the beings that make up the vast and populous universe. Like, what are the Borg doing? Or what about more on the Andorians and Cardassians? Can we get episodes about less common aliens like the Trill? Or maybe the Changelings, shapeshifters whose natural state is a liquid form? It’s easy to conceptualize humanoid aliens – it’s much more of a challenge to make viewers sympathetic to alien societies we have no earthly reference for.

Recap - Finale - Orions - Star - Trek

As I discussed in my recap of the finale, the Orions presented Star Trek: Discovery with a unique chance to flesh out an alien race built on stereotypes. Unfortunately, the show didn’t see the opportunity and surprisingly regressed, giving us Orions that were just as stereotypical as they’ve ever been, if not more so. The second season could fix that by actually giving some serious thought to aliens like the Orions. Not only would it make the Orions fresher characters, but it would also give the writers new opportunities...
(Excerpt) Read more at: /Film
Wake Up To Breaking News!