‘Unbanned: The Legend of AJ1’ Trailer: Sneaker Documentary About How Air Jordans Changed The World

/Film | 2/19/2018 | Ben Pearson
Click For Photo: http://www.slashfilm.com/wp/wp-content/images/Unbanned-trailer.jpg

In the 1980s, it may have been difficult for some to understand how owning a pair of Air Jordans “gave a voice to the voiceless.” But the shoes proved to be the Big Bang of sneaker culture, which subsequently exploded and crossed over with multiple aspects of popular culture: sports, fashion, music, and more. Now a new documentary called Unbanned: The Legend of AJ1 is here to tell the tale, featuring interviews with Michael Jordan, Michael B. Jordan, Spike Lee, Lena Waithe, Anthony Anderson, DJ Khaled, and many more.

The first Unbanned trailer debuted during the NBA All-Star Weekend, and you can check it out below.

Kid - Basketball - Pair - Jordans - Air

As a kid who played basketball growing up, I always wanted a pair of Jordans – but I couldn’t afford them. Even when I was in junior high, I knew that wearing Air Jordans was a huge deal: Jordans were a status symbol, an item of clothing that announced to the world that you...
(Excerpt) Read more at: /Film
Wake Up To Breaking News!
May you always have love to share, health to spare, and friends that care