'I can't get angry but I do think it's a little ignorant': Maya Jama reveals she gets annoyed when people refer to as 'Stormzy's girlfriend'

Mail Online | 2/19/2018 | Julia Pritchard for MailOnline
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/02/19/15/4961245800000578-0-image-a-405_1519054165474.jpg

Click For Video: http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/01/29/4063046103943299986/1024x576_MP4_4063046103943299986.mp4

She has been dating the grime artist for almost two years, and they have attended a number of high-profile events together.

But Maya Jama admitted she finds it annoying when anyone refers to her as 'Stormzy's girlfriend', as she has her own career in television.

Monday - Loose - Women - 'rude - People

Speaking on Monday's Loose Women, the 23-year-old explained she thinks its 'ignorant' and 'rude' for people to ignore her birth name - but acknowledged that her rapper boyfriend, 24, is 'more famous' than her.

Maya first explained she has never felt threatened by her boyfriend's success, and thinks its good for both parties in a relationship to have their own careers.

Panel - Ruth - Langsford - Coleen - Nolan

Appearing on the panel beside Ruth Langsford, Coleen Nolan and Jane Moore, she said: 'I was working at MTV when we first met and I interviewed him.

'He was just starting out and I was already a presenter. He is the more famous one now but I don't think you need to step back, you can do your own thing at the same time.

Moment - Thing

'He is doing amazingly well at the moment and I am doing my own thing completely separate.'

While she is aware more people are familiar with the musician, she then admitted she found it disrespectful when people only address her in relation to her boyfriend.

'I - Fact - Lot - People

She went on: 'I think sometimes but I'm not ignorant to the fact that a lot people only know me because of him...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!