Pence: ‘The View’ Hosts Comparing Christianity to Mental Illness Is Wrong

Washington Free Beacon | 2/14/2018 | Paul Crookston
AnnieFoxx (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://freebeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/pence.jpg

BY: Paul Crookston

Vice President Mike Pence on Wednesday criticized ABC’s "The View" for being religiously intolerant after co-host Joy Behar compared his Christian faith to mental illness.

Omarosa - Manigault - Newman - Comments - Pence

Discussing Omarosa Manigault Newman’s comments about Pence, Behar said Pence’s belief that Jesus speaks to him qualified as "mental illness." co-host Sunny Hostin also said Pence put a "religious veneer" on his views and said it is "dangerous" having him in office.

Pence told Axios‘ Mike Allen that criticism "comes with this job," but he argued that this particular criticism went beyond him and insulted the faith of all believers.

Americans - Faith - Types - Faith - Country

"An overwhelming major of Americans cherish their faith, and we have all different types of faith in this country," Pence said. "But I have to tell you: To have ABC maintain a broadcast forum that compared Christianity to mental illness is just wrong."

"And it’s an insult not to me, but to the vast majority of the American people who, like me, cherish their faith," he added.

Habits - Scripture - Wife - Day

He spoke about his own religious habits, which include reading Scripture and praying with his wife each day,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Washington Free Beacon
Wake Up To Breaking News!