Woman says Lantana mayor offered speed bumps in exchange for sex

mypalmbeachpost | 2/14/2018 | Staff
j.moomin (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://www.mypalmbeachpost.com/rf/image_large/Pub/p9/MyPalmBeachPost/2018/02/13/Images/newsEngin.21167575_Untitled-2--002-.jpg

A Lantana resident filed a complaint with the Florida Commission on Ethics in January claiming the town’s mayor said if she had sex with him he would make sure her neighborhood would receive speed bumps — a safety measure she had asked the town to install.

Catherine Padilla also said the mayor, David Stewart, about three years ago drove her to a motel one day after they had lunch and wanted to “occupy” a room with her, according to her Jan. 2 complaint. She later told The Palm Beach Post the mayor said he wanted to have sex with her in the room. She told him “no” and did not get out of the car.

State - Commission - Stewart - Complaint - Protocol

The state commission notified Stewart of the complaint, as is protocol. And on Jan. 11, Stewart went to Padilla’s home to talk about the complaint, according to the statement he gave to Lantana Police. Padilla did not let him inside. Police described the visit as a “suspicious incident.”

Stewart told The Post Padilla’s claims are false.

Years - Mayor - Anything - Exchange - Vote

He said in all his years as mayor he has never asked for or accepted anything in exchange for a vote.

“These accusations are totally and completely false,” Stewart said. “I won’t dignify them by commenting. I continue to focus on doing my best for the residents of our town and community.”

Stewart - Seat - Year - March - Election

Stewart has been mayor since 2000. His seat was up this year, however he is running unopposed in the March 13 election.

State ethics complaints are not public record until the investigation is complete, but Padilla recently told The Post about the accusations.

Padilla - Report - Ex-husband - Herminio - Padilla

Padilla said she didn’t feel strong enough to make a report until now. Her ex-husband, Herminio Padilla Jr., died in January 2015 while working at the East Central Regional sewage plant in West Palm Beach. Padilla, a plant worker, fell...
(Excerpt) Read more at: mypalmbeachpost
Wake Up To Breaking News!