UK will launch a stark video campaign showing the realities of the journey from Africa to Europe to put migrants off travelling to Britain

Mail Online | 2/11/2018 | Dianne Apen-sadler For Mailonline
Claw987Claw987 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2018/02/11/11/0553A6E3000003E8-0-image-a-22_1518347100868.jpg

A viral video campaign showing the realities of the journey from Africa to Europe is to be launched by the Home Office to discourage more migrants from travelling to the UK.

Critics of the project have claimed that the scheme is aimed at appeasing voters rather than actually preventing more people from travelling.

Videos - Interviews - Migrants - Journey - Countries

The videos will feature interviews with migrants who have already made the journey from countries such as Libya, and clips that show the environment in detention camps along the Libyan coast.

They will be shared online and shown at events in east and west Africa in an attempt to deter migrants making the decision to travel by boat to the UK.

Ministers - Tactic - Adverts - Newspapers - Regulations

Back in 2015 Danish ministers used a similar tactic by placing adverts in Lebanese newspapers outlining tighter regulations regarding refugees, including the reduction of social benefits by up to 50 per cent.

Jessica Hagen-Zanker, research fellow for migration at the Overseas Development Institute, told the Observer: 'The information just does not filter through because people decide on the basis of what they hear from...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
I'm not always cranky, sometimes I'm actually running!