Sonos cleverly mocks Apple on HomePod launch day

CNET | 2/9/2018 | Chris Matyszczyk
InLove4567 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cnet1.cbsistatic.com/img/GPZlf37B84iTKZM3jNT-8sPEz7Y=/670x503/2018/02/09/7ee3eb51-5e0c-4c82-8e5b-4954475b7104/sonosapp.jpg

Technically Incorrect offers a slightly twisted take on the tech that's taken over our lives.

Hello, indeed.

Someone - Steps - Toes - Anger

When someone steps on your toes, do you scream with anger?

Or do you make a sarcastic comment, along the lines of: "Gee, thanks for landing on my bunion?"

Sonos - Approach - Friday - Apple - HomePod

I only ask because Sonos took the latter approach on Friday, Apple's HomePod launch day.

As customers began receiving Apple's music machine, which weaves in Siri, the speaker company took to Twitter to offer a welcome.

Course - Playlist - Song - Titles

It seemed friendly enough, of course. Until, that is, you looked at the playlist -- specifically the song titles.

Here it is: Hello / Apple / Something About Us / Together / Feels Right / Even Though / You're Crazy / For This / Home / POD / Remember / Two Is Better Than One / Just Playing (Dreams) / It's A Party / Everybody's Coming To My House / Even You / Come As You Are / Fruit Machine / No Matter What You're Told / We're Going To Be Friends / Over Everything.

Cupertino - HomePod - Fruit - Machine

Oh, I don't think Cupertino's going to be happy having HomePod being called "Fruit Machine."

Apple didn't immediately respond to a question asking if it found this tweet amusing.

Course - Beauty

Of course, the additional beauty is that it's a...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNET
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: