CRITICS: POPE LOSING CREDIBILITY IN ABUSE CASES

www.churchmilitant.com | 2/6/2018 | Staff
vpp1219 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.churchmilitant.com/images/social_images/2018-02-06_Pope_Francis.jpg

You are not signed in as a Premium user; we rely on Premium users to support our news reporting. Sign in or Sign up today!

VATICAN CITY (ChurchMilitant.com) - Critics are claiming Pope Francis has lost credibility after reports revealed he received a letter from a Chilean sex abuse victim asking for help in 2015. The recent revelation comes only weeks after the Holy Father claimed no victims had come forward to him.

Doctor - Kurt - Martens - Professor - Canon

Doctor Kurt Martens, a professor of canon law at Catholic University of America (CUA), commented, "'Houston, we have a problem.' If the Pope indeed received a report detailing the abuse suffered by [Dr. Fernando] Karadima victims and the cover-up, then there is a huge problem, and it can be summarized with one word: credibility. Or lack thereof."

Anne Barrett Doyle, co-director of BishopAccountability.org, is claiming Pope Francis most likely "lied" when he said he had never heard from any of Karadima's victims.

Fact - Fr - Karadima - Vatican - Abuse

Despite the fact that Fr. Karadima had been disciplined by the Vatican for the homosexual abuse of boys in the 1980s, his victims have been claiming Bp. Juan Barros — the current bishop of Osorno, Chile — was an accomplice in Karadima's crimes and was even one of his gay lovers.

In January, Pope Francis essentially told victims during a trip to Chile that he didn't believe them, saying, "The day they bring me proof against Bp. Barros, then I will speak. There is not a single piece of proof against him. Everything is slander. Is this clear?"

One - Evidence - Judgment - Bit - Something

He went on, "No one has come forward, they haven't provided any evidence for a judgment. This is all a bit vague, it's something that can't be accepted."

On the plane ride back to Rome, the pope backtracked somewhat, saying, "Here, I have to apologize because the word 'proof' hurt them." He added, "I...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.churchmilitant.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Don't believe everything you think...