Pelosi and the Democrats sold out the Dreamers - KXLF.com | Continuous News | Butte, Montana

www.kxlf.com | 2/9/2018 | Staff
vegdancer18 (Posted by) Level 3
By Greisa Martinez Rosas

Editor's note: Greisa Martinez Rosas would qualify for the Dream Act and serves as the Advocacy Director of United We Dream, the largest immigrant youth-led organization in the country. The opinions expressed this commentary are solely those of the author.

CNN - Week - House - Leader - Nancy

(CNN) -- This week, House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi spoke in Congress for eight hours straight about immigrant youth. She shared our stories and called for passage of the Dream Act.

Yet, while she was speaking, Democratic and Republican party leaders were writing a budget deal that would leave protections for immigrant youth out in exchange for dollars on other projects.

Lives - Compass - Country - Danger - Congress

Our lives --- and the moral compass of this country --- are in real danger and yet Congress is playing games with both.

Speeches, empty promises and crocodile tears will not protect me or my sisters from deportation agents. Only votes from Congress can do that.

CNN - Town - Hall - Year - House

At a CNN town hall one year ago, House Speaker Paul Ryan told my friend Angelica that she would be safe, yet we now live in danger of being picked up and taken to detention centers by Donald Trump's Immigration and Customs Enforcement squads.

We are tired of speeches, tweets and promises that are not followed by solutions. This is especially true for Democrats and moderate Republicans who say that they support us when the cameras are rolling but repeatedly cave to Trump's bullying.

Week - Senate - Leader - Chuck - Schumer

Earlier this week, the Senate's Democratic Leader, Chuck Schumer, crafted a deal that, cruelly, will do nothing to stop the pain and the deportations. And Thursday night, Nancy Pelosi failed to whip her caucus to use its leverage to protect us, as 73 Democrats voted with Republicans for the budget deal and secured nothing from Paul Ryan.

In this leadership moment, where they had their opportunity to fight back against Trump's racist policies,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.kxlf.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Speaking only as an infidel......