Roman Polanski Rape Victim Samantha Geimer On Quentin Tarantino: ‘He Is Sincere In His Apology’

ET Canada | 2/9/2018 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://shawetcanada.files.wordpress.com/2018/02/gettyimages-694223618.jpg?quality=80&strip=all

Long before Harvey Weinstein, Samantha Geimer was at the centre of one of Hollywood’s longest lasting sexual assault stories as the then-13-year-old rape victim of Roman Polanski.

In the wake of Uma Thurman’s scathing Instagram post about Harvey Weinstein in which she details her horrific on-set crash while filming “Kill Bill” for Tarantino, a 2003 interview with the “Pulp Fiction” director has resurfaced. In it, he says what Polanski did to Geimer “wasn’t rape.” Since the radio interview resurfaced, Tarantino has since apologized for his statements. Now, Geimer is addressing the director’s apology, revealing she has spoken to him this week over his comments.

Anyone - Years - IndieWire - Rape - Tarantino

“I don’t care what anyone says, I’m not upset, this and worse has been happening to me for years,” she tells IndieWire. “And mostly, I am aware that my rape is being used to attack him [Tarantino] and I really don’t like that.”

Geimer says she was surprised Tarantino reached out to her.

Director - Comments - Things - Person - Time

“I thought that was nice. What if I was really mad? He called to face it personally,” she says, adding she believes the director feels “bad” about his 2003 comments. “I think he realizes that the things he said to be shocking involve an actual person — me — and he wasn’t thinking about that at the time. He felt bad about it,” she says.

She has accepted Tarantino’s apology on the matter, calling the director “sincere.”

Apology - Rape - People

“He is sincere in his apology and I told him I felt my rape was being used to attack him by people who don’t care about what happened...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ET Canada
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Millions in tribute, but not a penny left for charity.