John Kelly tells White House staffers to back him as he rewrites history insisting he acted quickly to boot aide accused of wife-beating as The Mooch warns him not to order a 'cover-up'

Mail Online | 11/29/2017 | Francesca Chambers, White House Correspondent For Dailymail.com
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2018/02/09/23/48FFF83C00000578-0-image-a-16_1518219518301.jpg

Click For Video: http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/02/07/8521992305181674468/1024x576_MP4_8521992305181674468.mp4

White House Chief of Staff John Kelly was caught trying to rewrite history in the Rob Porter scandal on Friday as he claimed to staff behind closed doors – and then several reporters – that he ousted the former staff secretary immediately after learning that a domestic abuse allegation were credible.

Kelly told White House staffers to claim he acted against Porter 40 minutes later, the Washington Post this morning revealed.

Reporters - Afternoon - Tuesday - Accusations - Minutes

He told several reporters this afternoon that he found out Tuesday evening 'that the accusations were true' and '40 minutes later he was gone.'

The claims are a total about-face from what the White House has already said publicly and fly in the face of advice that Kelly is receiving from former White House officials like Anthony Scaramucci who warned the chief of staff not to 'cover-up' what happened.

Scaramucci - David - Axelrod - Aide - Barack

Scaramucci told David Axelrod, a former aide to Barack Obama, in an episode of 'The Axe Files' that 'the cover-up is always worse than the crime.'

'I would say, "Jeez, you know, I knew about it. I was going to give the guy a pass because he told me it wasn't true and I apologize to the American people for that. He's been let go, and I'd still like to keep my job,' Scaramucci said, according to 'Axe Files' partner CNN. 'That's what I would do if I was General Kelly.'

Kelly - Position - Friday - Staff - Timeline

Kelly was gunning to protect his position on Friday - urging staff not only to alter the timeline and impetus for Porter's departure but also to deny an ABC News report that he offered the president his resignation.

He told NBC himself amid the hullabaloo that the item that had also claimed Trump was considering Office of Management and Budget Director Mick Mulvaney for his role was not true.

Denial

The denial capped off four...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Woof!