Elizabeth Olsen to Lead a New Facebook Original Series from ‘Spectacular Now’ Director

/Film | 2/9/2018 | Ethan Anderton
hi09 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://www.slashfilm.com/wp/wp-content/images/elizabetholsen-godzilla-couch.jpg

In case you haven’t heard, Facebook is trying to following in the footsteps of YouTube, Netflix and Hulu by creating their own original content for binge-watching, stream-hungry audiences to throw their gaze upon. The initiative is called Facebook Watch, and it was first focused on helping all creators and publishers find an audience, build a community of fans, and earn money for their work. But now it’s going to be a platform for Facebook to launch their own original programming, and the social media company has just ordered their first major project.

Elizabeth Olsen will be starring in a currently untitled half-hour dramedy series created and written by Kit Steinkellner (Amazon’s Z: The Beginning of Everything). The Avengers franchise star will also be producing the series with The Spectacular Now director James Ponsoldt, who will be directing the pilot and several more episodes in the Elizabeth Olsen Facebook series.

Hollywood - Reporter - News - Facebook - Programming

The Hollywood Reporter has news of Facebook’s new original programming endeavor, but any details on the plot of the series are being kept under wraps for the time being. However, it sounds like whatever lies within the script is something that Olsen has been wanting to see come together for some time:

“I couldn’t be prouder of the group we have brought together for this show. Kit’s story has been near and dear to me for years and I can’t wait to share our dark, funny and complicated show with the world.”

Olsen - Steinkellner - Ponsoldt - Series - Robin

Joining Olsen, Steinkellner and Ponsoldt on the series will be Robin Schwartz, Marc Turtletaub and Peter Saraf at Big Beach TV as well as...
(Excerpt) Read more at: /Film
Wake Up To Breaking News!
How's that peak oil working out for you?