‘Counterpart': Sara Serraiocco on Baldwin’s Strength, Learning English for the Role, and More

Collider | 2/5/2018 | Christina Radish
Click For Photo: http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/counterpart-sara-serraiocco-03.jpg

The Starz series Counterpart is about the mysterious world that’s hidden from our everyday existence, but that is also a parallel dimension where everyone started the same as their mirror self, and then shifted onto different paths, along their lifetime. When Howard Silk (Academy Award winner J.K. Simmons), a lowly cog in the bureaucratic machinery of a Berlin-based United Nations spy agency, discovers that his organization safeguards the secret of a crossing into this other dimension, he suddenly finds himself in the middle of a shadow world of intrigue and danger, where the only person he can trust is his counterpart.

While at the TCA Press Tour presentation for Starz, Collider got the opportunity to sit down with Italian actress Sara Serraiocco to talk 1-on-1 about what attracted her to Counterpart, what she likes about playing the mysterious Baldwin (an assassin whose life takes on a new purpose when she is exposed to the other side), that she learned English after being cast in the role, working with this talented cast, how she might feel, if she found out that there was a parallel world out there, and what lead her into acting.

Collider - Counterpart - Story - Character

Collider: When you signed on for Counterpart, how much were you told about this story and your character?

SARA SERRAIOCCO: When I got the part, I didn’t know anything about the show. When I got the role, I only got to read the first script, so I didn’t know about playing two different characters. When I realized that I had to play two different characters, I was really impressed. I said, “Oh, my god, this is a huge opportunity for me, as an actress, to grow.” I was fascinated by the philosophical side of the show, and I was fascinated by the surreal side of the show.

Since you didn’t know...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Collider
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Never argue with an idiot, the spectators may not be able to differentiate between you.